Thursday, January 14, 2010

A perfect report

Yesterday afternoon was another trip to Lexington for us. I had another doctor's appointment for a check-up on me and baby. The doctor said that everything was perfect! My blood pressure was really good and my sugar has been as well.

My weight stayed the same, bringing my total weight gain during pregnancy to 21 pounds. Not too shabby! I think that not gaining any weight between these appointments is largely due to the virus I had right after Christmas. Plus, Waverly is pulling all the nutrients and weight she needs from me, so everything is fine.

We listened to Waverly's heart beat. Her heart rate was 145. It is always good to hear her; very comforting to know that she is doing well. Dr. Bain measured my baby bump again, too. She said that everything is just as it should be. She asked if I had been feeling any contractions and explained that as long as it was irregular, it was normal. My uterus has grown to right up under my ribs now! That's why I can feel the baby kick so well and why I am carrying so high.

My next doctor appointment is scheduled in 2 weeks! We are nearing the finish line, as the doctor visits will become more frequent now. The last few weeks I will go to the doctor each week!

After such a good report from Dr. Bain, Dean and I were pretty happy with our progress. I can't wait till Waverly gets here!

No comments: