Monday, January 4, 2010

The Big Day Care Search

With only 8 weeks to go, I am beginning to feel anxious. Wondering if 'nesting' is just a myth? Well, its not for me! I feel pressured to get the house clean, the addition finished and the baby's room started. It all makes me a bit nervous, and I'm also beginning to be a bit uncomfortable!

Well, I am trying to tackle the big day care search. Deciding who will take care of little Waverly when I return to work is a big decision. As much as I would like to stay home with her, it just wasn't in the cards for us. So, I have began calling local day cares and sitters. Honestly, I have put this off for awhile, just being pouty and grumpy that I can't stay home with the baby. Now its getting to be crunch time.

The wonderful world of day cares is a short list! I've called several and any that will not allow the parent to observe a day has been marked off my list. One thing I especially liked when I worked at the Montessori school was that all parents were welcome to stop by and observe their child at any given time. The good news is that many of the local day cares accept newborns, do not currently have wait lists and have low adult-child ratios (usually about 1 adult per 4 newborns).

The search continues, so if you have a recommendation, please email me!!!

No comments: