Thursday, January 28, 2010

A doctor's visit

Yesterday was another doctor's appointment. Dean and I went for a late afternoon appointment, but still had a longer wait than usual. Everything is okay, but I do have a urinary tract infection (UTI). That is no fun! The dr. prescribed some antibiotics to take care of that.

I gained 3 pounds in the two weeks since my last dr. appointment. That brings me up to a 24 pound weight gain so far throughout my pregnancy. I am fairly happy with that! These next few weeks will probably show more weight gain, just because Little Waverly is starting to pack on the pounds. The dr. estimates her weight at 5 1/2 pounds, based on my measurements.


Waverly's heart rate was 130 yesterday. I told the nurse right where to put the fetal monitor and she picked up the heart beat right away. Mommy knows best! We listened for a couple minutes and she sounds really strong.


Well, my blood pressure was also a bit high yesterday. I think that was mainly due to waiting and then having a UTI as well. I was a bit nervous after that, because they also found traces of protein in my urine. The dr. said everything was fine. They did go ahead and do a strep test yesterday, some kind of culture to test for this bacteria. It is fairly common to find in mom, but they test at 36 weeks so that they know ahead of time if they need to administer antibiotics during delivery so that the bacteria doesn't harm the baby.


My next dr. appointment is in one week! We have made it to the weekly appointments now, a sign that this pregnancy is not going to last forever! Only 4 weeks and one day left until my due date. C'mon Waverly, let's stick it out until your uncle's birthday!

No comments: