Sunday, January 17, 2010

All Registered...

Yesterday was a big day! My aunt, my mom and I had a whole day planned. We met for lunch at Old Chicago and pigged out on pizza. It was nice to visit and chat before getting down to the business of registering for gifts.
Then it was off with us to Babies-R-Us. There are so many new things out there for babies now. I tried hard to only register for things that I thought we would really need or use, but I know a couple items for fun were added. We looked at everything! There are great safety items to baby-proof the house, lots of feeding and bath time items and of course, crib and bedding that is just too adorable! I did register for plenty of blankets, crib sheets, diapers and wipes, and some miscellaneous baby care items. They had a good selection of baby Boppies, which is a pillow used to support baby during feeding and resting. I just love these pillows, with their unique designs and fun slip covers. It was really fun to check out all the latest baby technology, and I think we did good keeping our heads straight and registering for things that we need though.

Our next stop was Kohl's. Here we also set up a baby registry, knowing that mostly clothes would be here. It was so hard to register for any outfits. We had to try to guess her size and match that with the season it would be at around that age. Needless to say, this registry list is quite a bit shorter. I also added a couple of picture frames and some books and toys to the list.

We had a great day, but I sure was tired! It doesn't take much now that I am so far along to wear me down. So, we called it a day at that point and I planned for a late afternoon nap.

I had also registered for gifts at Wal-mart. Dean and I did that a week or so ago, kinda spur of the moment. That was really fun too, and I might have gotten carried away a bit there. But, we are finally all finished registering. Good thing, because dates for the baby showers are rapidly approaching!

No comments: