Tuesday, June 14, 2011

All By Myself

Last night, I rocked Waverly to sleep and placed her in her toddler bed.  To my great surprise, she was still there when I went to bed myself!  And, to my even greater surprise, she was still there this morning when the alarm went off!


I should probably note that this is the first time Waverly has slept all night in her own bed!  She was so excited to see her new toddler bed put together.  She loves to jump up and down, causing Mommy's heart to palpitate and a stern lecture to follow. 

Waverly has always slept with us.  Co-sleeping has just worked well for us.  She has taken a few random naps in her crib, but mostly, snuggled up with us at night.  I missed her night-night snuggles, but I had a great good morning hug as reward!

Waverly has also become very interested in dressing up!
 She likes to pick out her own clothes... normally a dress.  Then she will try and try to put it on all by herself!
 She's most the way there...
If at first you don't succeed, try a prettier dress!
She's a pip!

With all these new things Waverly is learning, I must wonder to myself where that baby of mine went to!  She is all grown up... well, to toddler hood that is. 

No comments: