Thursday, October 22, 2009

Prissy


For those who haven't met her, Prissy is my 11-year-old toy Pomeranian. I have had her since she was 7 months old, and she is my best friend. Appropriately named, she prances around and is pampered to no end. She has more clothes than I do, and loves picking out her own clothes and getting dressed up!

I have been trying to introduce our pets to the upcoming changes they will experience when Waverly arrives. My mother-in-law bought a baby doll for me, which I have coated in baby lotion to help introduce the smells of a baby into our home. Almost every night, I try to sit and hold the doll and let the animals smell her. Axel, our German Shepherd, has done very well with this, only smelling the doll and moving on to his toys for play-time.

Prissy, however, is very jealous of the doll. Mostly because it means that Mommy is holding something other than her! She will nudge and push a little at a time until she is half-way on my lap. Of course, I move her away at that point, but she just works her way back over. It is very sweet of her; she has always been mommy's little girl! I'm sure with patience and time Prissy will accept the doll, laying the groundwork for a peaceful homecoming for Waverly.

Please keep Prissy in your thoughts and prayers. She is not doing very well. Her health is getting worse and she has a vet appointment tomorrow afternoon. My main concerns are her teeth, which need to be cleaned and pulled, and her hips, which have been stiff and causing her to fall. She has lost some weight, too. We are hoping that the vet will help her feel better, so its good that we are going tomorrow.

No comments: