Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hide & Seek

Well, it's time already for another doctor's visit. My appointment was Friday morning. My usual nurse was off, so the new little girl there was taking care of things. She had some trouble getting my blood pressure, but we got there in the end. I lost one pound since the last visit, but the doctor said that was okay.

Dr. Bain listened for Waverly's heartbeat and Waverly was wiggling around so much it was hard to find. We joked that she was playing hide and seek. We finally got a good listen to the heartbeat, but she ran away again before the doctor told us what the heart rate was this time. I think she was so active because I was treated to a large Starbucks that morning - Thanks Phyllis, it was yummy!

Dr. Bain told us that all was well with the ultrasound. Waverly's measurements were correct for the timing and everything looked good. I asked how certain, just to check, that the baby is a girl and Dr. Bain said that they were pretty certain. She said that there's only been one oops in several years, where they thought it was a girl and found out at birth that it was boy. Everyone is in agreement here though, its still a girl!

My next doctor's appointment is Nov. 19th. I have to do another sugar test that day as well, which means more disgusting orange drink!

That's all for now, but more to post later!

No comments: