Monday, May 10, 2010

Mommy's First Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all mom's everywhere! This is such a special day and I was delighted to share my first mother's day by spending time with my little one.



Trying to talk to Mommy?




A little tired!


Daddy, Mommy and Waverly



On Sunday morning, Waverly and I played a little trick on Mamaw Gail. I had told Mom that I wanted Mother's Day to just be Waverly and I, so she planned to stay at home on Sunday. I talked to her for awhile, but she didn't know that Waverly and I were on our way to her home to surprise her! Uncle Matt came too, and she was really surprised! We enjoyed our visit with Mom and Gary. I hope she enjoyed her Mother's Day, too.
Later on, we had dinner with Mamaw Jean. She just cuddled with Waverly, who was getting tired, and rocked her to sleep for a little while. We just love getting to visit and enjoy all the good food.
We still have one more Mother's day visit, to Grammy Betty. We will get by to see her soon.
I truly enjoyed my first mother's day. Dean had a special present for me. He had this very blog printed into a beautiful hard cover book, from the beginning of the blog through Waverly's birthday. We plan to have a book made each year for her birthday, so she will have her very own yearbooks!
I also received a card from my mom, who wrote it on behalf of little Waverly. It was so sweet! Waverly made mommy a special present at daycare. It is a canvas picture frame decorated with her pink and purple hand prints, with a picture of her smiling. Everything was so special!

No comments: