Wednesday, May 19, 2010

All better!

Why does Mommy keep taking pictures of me? Enough is enough!

Yesterday was a busy day for us! Waverly got to play hooky from day care since Mommy had taken off work. I woke up with a very swollen and painful right eye, so it was off to the doctor we go! Papaw Dean came early to pick us up since my eye hurt and I couldn't see very well. We went to the doctor, who referred us to the eye doctor, who said that I had a bacterial infection in my right eye. It could possibly infect my left eye, too. After some magic steroid eye drops, it was feeling less painful. I had a prescription filled for other drops to use at home and it is much better now.
'
Waverly's eyes were watery and she still sounded stuffy, so Papaw took us to see the Pediatrician yesterday too. We saw Dr. Blair, who was mommy and daddy's pediatrician when we were little too! Dr. Blair gave Waverly a thorough exam, listening to her lungs and checking her eyes and ears. He pronounced her perfect, with a touch of seasonal allergies. He prescribed an antihistamine for her to take, just to help her out with the symptoms a bit. Dr. Blair was impressed with how strong Waverly is - she did not want to turn her head to let him see in her ear! He also said that she was full of personality, and she gave him a big grin and started talking away to him. Our little jumping bean weighed in at 11 pounds, 15.5 ounces!
'
After a full day of doctor visits and the pharmacy, Waverly and I were ready for a nap. Mamaw Gail came to visit and Waverly talked to her for a long time! It was so good to see my mom for a little while. She read Waverly a picture book and they played together while I rested my eye for a bit.
'
Later on, it was off to Mamaw and Papaw's for dinner. I am so proud of my little one. She had a big accomplishment last night. Mamaw Jean always plays with a Winnie the Pooh rattle for Waverly, holding it so she can see it and listen to the crunchy sound. Waverly has been trying to touch it for a few days now, but last night, she just reached out and grabbed it out of Mamaw's hand! We were so surprised! I think Waverly was a little surprised, too! It wasn't long before she had guided the rattle right into her mouth.
'
Very tired...
'
'
I like my medicine!


Really? Off to daycare? Ok then!

No comments: