Saturday, September 24, 2011

Quilting Progress

Waverly's quilt is coming along quite nicely!


All the squares have been sewn together, and then Mamaw Jean added the batting and backing.  We pinned everything in place, and I set about tacking each and every square!

After all that tacking, I trimmed the embroidery thread so it would look neat and tidy.  Up next, Mamaw Jean and I will sew the last edge together. 

We really appreciate all the wonderful compliments we have received.  I credit my friend for the idea and little push to get me going.  It is worth so much for us to have these memories of Waverly's infancy preserved in something that will mean so much to her!  I love telling everyone about the different outfits, which one was the first I had bought, what she wore the most often and so on.  Its precious, if I do say so myself!

No comments: