Friday, November 6, 2009

Angel Sounds

Since Waverly has been so active this week, I gathered up my nerves and tried something new. A while back, my aunt Phyllis had purchased an at-home fetal heart monitor. Though it looks different than the picture here, the idea is still the same. Simply apply the monitor to the baby bump and listen, trying to distinguish the sounds to baby's heart beat, kicks and hiccups.

I had been pretty nervous about using an at-home device. Though completely harmless to mom and baby, I was worried that I would be upset if we couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. I guess I was nervous because these machines aren't nearly as reliable as the doctor's equipment. Since Waverly has been kicking a lot as of late, I was ready to try.

On Monday night, Dean and I listened and almost immediately could hear her tiny heartbeat. It sounds like drums! I could also hear her kick, which sounds more like a big smack. I can't wait to figure out how to record it so I can post it for all of you to hear as well!

Thanks, Phyllis! This was a really cool gift!

No comments: